BIND 9, dynamic DNS

Duncan Hill dhill at cricalix.net
Mon Jul 9 00:02:02 UTC 2001

Would someone be so kind as to point me to a source of information that
will help me solve the following:

Linux box connected to a DSL connection where the IP can change on a
reboot of the DSL connection.  This machine used to be on a static IP,
so hosting DNS on the machine with secondaries offsite was fine.

I'm looking for a way to either keep this setup, and have the linux box
update its own DNS (which I think will not work for the secondaries, as
they won't know where the heck to look any more) or for a decent (I'm
willing to pay a small amoutn of money - this server is a non-profit org
server) DNS hosting place that offers dynamic DNS for a zone (Is
zoneedit.com any good?).

TIA.

--

Sapere aude
My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.