Info on Reverse Dns

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Jul 9 15:38:39 UTC 2001

In article <9i8e48$o04 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Mike Lander <mechiman at home.com> wrote:
>I have ask my Isp if he would delegate the classless block to me and here is
>his e-mail:
>
>"We're happy to delegate CIDR blocks to your nameservers. The only >>> Is
>the cider block he as for 64.42.54.232/29???
> information we need is:
>
>the block in 'slash' designation
>the name(s) of the nameserver(s) the block will be delegated to
>
>We will generate an appropriate zonefile for each block which we     >>>>>>
>Then do I create the zone below as described by Gerald
>will forward to you upon delegation"
>Mike

I'm having an awfully hard time reading your message because of the screwy
way you interspersed your questions with the mail from your ISP.  Please
try to write more clearly.

Your block is 64.42.54.232/29.  You should set up the domain the way Gerald
suggested, unless your ISP tells you otherwise (they might use a different
naming scheme, for instance in our default naming scheme it would be
232-29.54.42.64.in-addr.arpa).

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA