issue Windows2000 DNS - Bind 4

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Jul 9 23:23:49 UTC 2001

In article <9iddo6$k8q at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Joel Gauthier <lonewolf at netcom.ca> wrote:
>Is there any known issues with Windows 2000 DNS services and BIND 4.9.8
> Berkeley ) ?
>
>I am set up as the master server ( source) - Windows 2000 DNS and the
>targeted secondary server ( destination) - using BIND 4.9.8
>
>Is there any inter-operability issues ? Are they compatible?
>
>I have surfed their support and couldn't located known issues .

If you're using Active Directory, there's a known bug that causes the
serial number on the W2K master server to roll back under certain
circumstances.  When this happens, the BIND slave will stop pulling zone
transfers.

Other than this, they seem to be compatible.  Many of our customers are
using W2K as their DNS servers, and we're using BIND 8.2.3 on our slaves.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA