(no subject)

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 10 22:42:49 UTC 2001

8.66.65.in-addr.arpa and 66.65.in-addr.arpa are delegated to ns1.swbell.net and ns2.swbell.net, not your nameservers. If you want to host that reverse zone, you'll need to talk to SW Bell about getting it delegated to your nameservers.

Note that if you only own *part* of 65.66.8/24, then SW Bell shouldn't be delegating the whole reverse zone to you. You'll have to play games to be able to control your reverse records, e.g. delegating each reverse name as a separate zone, or RFC 2317-style aliasing.

                                                                                                                                                - Kevin