Windows 2000 server records in DNS

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Wed Jul 11 12:02:14 UTC 2001

Great! Thanks!

Nico

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:47:07PM +1000, Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

> > Ah, so the reason why the other lines work is because they are not
> > A records, but technicaly speaking those other hostnames are also incorrect?
>
> 	There are no other illegal hostnames.
>

> > Is there anything special I need to look out for when creating a subzone, e.g
> > .
> > make sure "_msdcs.sonytel.be" is listed before "sonytel.be" in named.conf or
> > won't that matter?
>
> 	It doesn't matter.  Remember you will need to delegate it
> 	the same way as you delegate any other sub zone, NS RRset
> 	in the parent (sonytel.be), NS and SOA RRsets in the child
> 	(_msdcs.sonytel.be) plus the rest.  From the nameservers
> 	perspective there is nothing special about "_msdcs.sonytel.be".
>
> 	zone "_msdcs.sonytel.be" {
> 		check-names ignore;
> 	};
>
> 	Mark
> --
> Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
> PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/NEE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com