why bind work locally but not globally?

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jul 17 15:53:50 UTC 2001

In article <9j1i1t$jjm at pub3.rc.vix.com>, falcon <diegottt at freemail.it> wrote:
>i have a domain "pippo.it" why locally work but when i work with an other dns
>don't found my changes done in this files?
>why mail.pippo.it there isn't but my dns server found it?
>thank you to the help

The registration of pippo.it contains delegations to ns.pol.it and
ns2.pol.it.  Unless you're configuring these two servers, your changes will
not be visible to the rest of the Internet.

% whois pippo.it
domain:      pippo.it
x400-domain: c=it; admd=0; prmd=pippo;
org:         Pippo.it di Alberto Gatto
descr:       Italian 2nd-level
admin-c:     AG14692-ITNIC
tech-c:      MA2142-ITNIC
postmaster:  MA2142-ITNIC
zone-c:      MA2142-ITNIC
nserver:     212.131.155.2  NS.POL.IT    <******
nserver:     212.131.155.3  NS2.POL.IT   <******
dom-net:     212.131.155.0
remarks:     Delegated to Padova On Line
mnt-by:      POL-MNT
created:     19990928
changed:     staff at pol.it 20010412
source:      IT-NIC