Reverse DNS Setup

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jul 17 18:47:49 UTC 2001

In article <9j20nd$mnj at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Kevin Pye <kevin.pye at abssupplies.com> wrote:
>I forgot to say, I don't know if it makes any difference to the setup but we
>are using Windows NT 4.0 (SP6a) for our DNS Server.

More importantly, are you using BIND or Microsoft DNS Manager as the
nameserver software?  This is a BIND newsgroup, so folks using MS software
should not expect to find help here (the comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains
newsgroup is for general DNS-related discussions).

If you're using Microsoft's software, there's a page on their knowledge
base about configuring RFC 2317-style reverse DNS:
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/4/19.ASP>

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA