A, CNAME record???

Kevyn Nguyen kevyn_nguyen at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 23:11:29 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I have my static IP with my DSL and a domain (Xdomain.com) registered with
Network Solutions.  I want to host my domain zone on my DSL (be the SOA for
my "Xdomain.com" domain).  What type of record, if any, should I ask my ISP
to create?

When I went to modify the DNS server settings with Network Solutions, it
wants me to type in the name of my Primary and Secondary DNS server.   I
want to be able to type  "ns1.Xdomain.com" as my Primary DNS server.  The
ns1.Xdomain.com points to my STATIC IP.  What type of record should my ISP
create for "ns1.Xdomain.com"?

Thanks in advance,