HELP - second subnet

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jul 18 21:25:59 UTC 2001

Define your zone(s) as "type master" on the master server and "type slave" on
the slave server. You'll have to create the master zone file from scratch, or
use an example one and modify it. Once you do that, and it's properly loaded
on the master, then you should only need to make the slave definition on the
slave server, reload, and it should automatically replicate the zone and keep
itself synchronized.

Of course, hopefully you understand that the whole world won't know about your
domain unless you register it with the appropriate registrar (a commercial
registrar for generic top-level domains like "com", "net" or "org", or a
country-code registrar for country-code top-level domains like "de").

- Kevin