difficult problem with DNS and Mail

Gary Kline kline at ns1.thought.org
Sat Jul 21 06:14:33 UTC 2001

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 12:13:09AM -0400, Chad M. Stewart wrote:

	[ ... ]

> Gary -- Try this
>
> On the Internet system see if you have mailertables enabled in your
> sendmail.cf file.  In that file put something like
>
> thought.org     smtp:inside.host.here
>
> Also in the access.db put
>
> thought.org     RELAY
>

> Then make the internal system know that user at thought.org is local and I
> think you'll have what you want.

	Well, once I actually build my sendmail.cf--which is
	after I've finished the cf/README to understand what the
	mailertable feature is all about :-)

	The README ain't small...

	Another thought is: will this work when I have a second
	(and hopefully 3rd) inside system?  For now, tho, what you
	suggest seems reasonable; thanks.

	gary

	PS:  Happiness is several networked unix computers... .

--
   Gary D. Kline    kline at thought.org  www.thought.org    Public service Unix