query question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jul 24 22:31:46 UTC 2001

How do you expect to host a domain if you don't let everyone query your
nameserver?

Set a global allow-query, restricted to only your internal clients, and
then override it with "allow-query { any; };" in each of the zones that
you host.

By the way, it's recommended practice to run caches and authoritative
servers on different boxes (or at least different nameserver instances).
These kinds of problems don't crop up when you do that. Something to
consider for the long term...

- Kevin