Reverse Lookups

Dan Hammer dhammer at kdhtech.com
Wed Jul 25 21:20:26 UTC 2001

Hello,

I am having a problem with reverse lookups.  I guess it may be best for me to explain what I can do which may help solve the problem of what I can't do.  I am able to perform any lookup from any machine on my network.  I can resolve any domain name with no problem.  I can do reverse lookups of any IP address of any machine on my network.  The problem comes when I go to a remote machine and try to do a reverse lookup of one of my machines.  Example...

example... I use nslookup on 207.254.22.82 and it comes up with the name dan.kdhtech.com which it should.  I however to go a remote machine and attempt the lookup of that IP address and the lookup fails.

What could I have set up incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.
Dan Hammer