denied updates wiredness

Hannah O Day hoyoung at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 26 01:23:01 UTC 2001

I searched the archive, but couldn't find any answer.  I have a master and
a slave.  THe master is configured only accept updates from two dhcp
servers and from itself.  Other then that  the master is completely
invisible to the rest of the world.   What's strange is that I see lots of
individuals who are using static ips and some dns servers that are only
supposed to do zone transfer off my slave are trying to send update to the
master.  Of course, the master is denying them.  But they just keep coming,
full up the syslog.  Could anyone tell what's going on?

Thanks!

Hannah