Logging particular IP interfaces.

Stephen Amadei amadei at dandy.net
Thu Jul 26 02:52:47 UTC 2001

Hello...

He are renumbering our network, and I have given our
DNS servers new interfaces with the new IP addresses.

We have been changing NS records with various registars and
we have been changing the DNS servers set on various machines,
but this amounts to alot of machines and domain names that are likely
to not get updated.

I am curious if I could squeeze out of BIND (version 8.2ish, uh 8.3, the
one that _hasn't_ had a major exploit yet) the IP address of the system
that are still using the old IP address on the server.  In other words,
I have a DNS server with two IP addresses... I want to log only requests
on one IP.

This would allow me to track down systems that haven't been updated.

Any ideas or suggestions?

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO