question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jul 27 02:02:47 UTC 2001

What kind of networking problem was it? It's conceivable that it might have
caused your low-level network driver (ethernet or whatever) to go
temporarily haywire, which means maybe the packets traversing that driver
were disappearing into a black hole.

Also, did you try both loopback and the public address multiple times? It
might have just been a coincidence that the nameserver was thrashing itself
to death while you were querying it on the public interface.

- Kevin