multiple connections to the Internet

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 17:22:38 UTC 2001

Tim Noonan wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone knows a way to have multiple (say 3) connections
> to the Internet at different physical locations with 1/3 of the users
> pointing to a firewall/proxy server and having the other two as backups
> (with an automatic failiver) and each of the other 2/3 of users configured
> the same but with a different fw/proxy server as a primary?

Hmm - I'd look at a routing group to handle the 3 redundant
connections, not BIND's thing.

Some firewalls can transparently proxy or forward to a proxy
transparently, so you can keep that information away from
the client machines, then all this only depends on routing.
There are a zillion other ways of doing the proxy stuff.