Work in progress with SRV in getaddrinfo() ?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sat Jul 28 01:37:25 UTC 2001

> Studying the process of introducing SRV RR openns the question :
>
> "Is any work in progress installing SRV RR search in getaddrinfo()" ?

	This is the wrong place to put it.

	_http._tcp.example.com. SRV 0 0 80 www1.example.com.
	_http._tcp.example.com. SRV 0 0 80 www2.example.com.

	would natually cause two calls to getaddrinfo()

		getaddrinfo(www1.example.com, 80, ...)
		getaddrinfo(www2.example.com, 80, ...)

	or do you want getaddrinfo() to recurse?

	`
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com