Named does not accept zonefiles

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jun 1 21:38:17 UTC 2001

First of all, upgrade. You are running a version with known root-level
exploits.

Secondly, when you say "dig @mynameserver domain" works but "I don't get any
response for my domain", is the "domain" in the first case your domain, and
where are you doing the lookup in the second case? It's not clear from your
explanation whether you're having problems resolving your domain *remotely* or
not. If it's a problem with remote name resolution of your domain, then it's
likely to be a delegation issue of some sort. But if your own nameserver fails
to resolve names in one of its master zones, then that means the zone didn't
load properly, or perhaps at all. Look in the logs to see why. Offhand, the
zone file looks alright.

- Kevin