Is there a doc on how to upgrade from 8.2.3 to 8.2.4 on Sun?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jun 5 20:55:06 UTC 2001

Jason wrote:

> Ok I'm a Newbie,
>
>     Are there any quick documents on how to upgrade an exsiting 8.2.3 bind
> server to 8.2.4, or can I just copy the new in.named, and in.named-xfer.
> Any help appreciated!

Make sure to copy any other tools/utilities you use from the
BIND distribution, e.g. ndc, dig, nsupdate or whatever. You may wish to look
into replacing the Solaris man pages for any or all of the above executables
with the BIND versions of same (although I confess that I don't usually
bother with this step).