Reverse lookups

Magnus Thorne Magnus.Thorne at evoice.com
Wed Jun 6 18:46:37 UTC 2001

xmit.evoice.com resolves to 216.206.185.40

I've got the following in named.conf

zone "185.206.216.in-addr.arpa" in {
        type master;
        file "db.216";
};

in db.216, I have:

@       IN      SOA     evoice.com. hostmaster.evoice.com.  (
                                      200106061 ; Serial
                                      28800      ; Refresh
                                      14400      ; Retry
                                      3600000    ; Expire
                                      86400 )    ; Minimum
        IN      NS      ns.evoice.com.

40      IN      PTR     xmit.evoice.com.

What else do I need to get the reverse lookup?  Do I actually need to
register an IP?

thanx,
-Mag

Magnus Thorne