ndc ?? reverse zone

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jun 6 23:10:33 UTC 2001

ns at linuxplanet.nu wrote:

> ndc reload example.com reloads example.zone
> How does one reload a reverse zone such as 12.168.192.in-addr.arpa.db without
> restarting named.

You tell named (indirectly, through ndc) what *zone* to reload, not what
*zonefile* to reload. Presumably, the zone that is loaded from
12.168.192.in-addr.arpa.db is 12.168.192.in-addr.arpa. If so, then tell named to
reload that zone.

BTW, why don't you make your life easier and just name all of your zonefiles
after the zones they contain? I've never been a fan of these various
"whatever.db", "db.whatever", "rev.whatever", etc. conventions...