What is wrong with this?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jun 7 02:34:18 UTC 2001

Well, it may not be quite so obvious as that. This is a *reverse* record, remember.
The address in question could have multiple names pointing to it -- in addition to
the zone-apex names like testdomain.com and/or testdomain.net, you might also have
www.testdomain.com, www.testdomain.net and who knows what else pointing to the same
address. Since you can effectively only have one reverse record for any given
address, if you're dealing with any apps/systems/organizations that care about
reverse lookups, you may want to choose the contents of that reverse record
carefully.

- Kevin