Questions

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Jun 7 17:15:36 UTC 2001

"Manigault, Gary (US - Cincinnati)" wrote:

> I have Bind8NT 8.2.3 and am trying to get it to work.  I am having problems.

Upgrade to BIND 8.2.4-NT2 available from the ISC Web site and
meiway.com.

> I have 2000 server and have the disabled the Microsoft DNS server.   I keep
> having the following problems.
>
>                 1.  When the service starts I get and error message of 1067
> and the service fails to start.
>
>                 2.  When I go into the event log it shows that "can't open
> c:\winnt\system32\dns\etc\named.conf"

    Does this file exist?  If not you need to create one otherwise BIND won't
know what to do.  See Cricket Liu's DNS and BIND book (4th edition) for
details on how to do this.

> Has anyone got any direction for me to go or how to fix the problem?
>
> Gary Manigault
>
> - This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  -
> If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and
> are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

    Please don't send out these notices.  This is a public forum and your
message
is available for all to see.

    Danny