8.2.4 Compile Failure

J Bacher jb at jbacher.com
Mon Jun 11 14:02:58 UTC 2001

I have an older DEC Unix 4.0d system that I attempted to upgrade to
8.2.4.  The production machines using 5.1 compile without problems.

There is no IPV6 support in this kernel and stands no chance of being
upgraded since it will be replaced short-term.

Suggestions to get around this problem appreciated.

cc -I../../port/decunix/include -I../../include -g2 -O1 -Olimit 2000
-pthread -c res_mkupdate.c  -o threaded/res_mkupdate.o
cc: Error: res_mkupdate.c, line 85: In this declaration, "in6a" has no
linkage and is of an incomplete type.
        struct in6_addr in6a;