intermittent ndc startup

ns at linuxplanet.nu ns at linuxplanet.nu
Tue Jun 12 10:26:06 UTC 2001

The root server is authorative for example.com & example.com although names
under these zones have similar IP addreses. i.e. top.example.com will have the
same IP address as top.example.net, similarly top.example.net have the same IP
as top.example.com.

On the root servers, I created example.com & example.net zone and added A & NS
(in-order to delegate beer) record for beer, I also created A record & NS
records for whoever needs it under the example.com & example.net zone, all
delegations are done within these zone files.

I am not sure what contents I should have in the master file on the root server
itself.  Should it just be A & NS declaration of delegated ns's? (I don't think
so).  I think I just have to define A & NS records for example.net and
example.com and nothing else.

Like the normal Internet hints file I don't think there is any need to define
SOA records in the root servers master file, I just have to define the A & NS
records for the root server?