Very slow resolution

Maykel D. Moya Rojas mike at prensa-latina.cu
Thu Jun 14 05:32:48 UTC 2001

Hi people...

I'm a newbie to this list..., began to administer a bind

I has recently downloaded bind-9.1.2, compile and install it. It was
compiled with -O2, i686 as target arch. Runs on a rh71, kernel 2.4.2, 128 MB
RAM, CPU Celeron 400 MHz, disc IDE.

The current bind is 8.1.2. Runs on a rh52, kernel 2.0.36, 64 MB RAM, CPU
Pentium II 200 MHz, disc SCSI

The zone is very short, less than 100 RR at all.

The problem is that resolution on first bind takes about 2-3 times
resolution on second bind, is this normal? I think the differences between
each box don't introduces notable performance differences.

PD: Sorry my english, i'm from a spanish speaking country

--
Maykel D. Moya Rojas
Est. 3er año Informática, ISPJAE