Stale MX Records

Matt Prigge mprigge at pobox.com
Thu Jun 14 21:39:04 UTC 2001

It appears that CIHost's DNS servers still think that they're authoritative
for the domain firespout.com. They actually show ns.propagation.net and
ns2.propagation.net as being the authoritative servers (propagation may or
may not be the same company; they appear to be located in the same place
physically).  This could explain your mail being misrouted. Anyone who used
CIHost or Propagation's DNS servers (or any servers that use them as
forwarders) would send mail to what I assume is the old MX (63.249.177.158).
The answer would be to get CIHost/Propagation to remove your zone from their
DNS servers.

-matt