named stats

arjen-bind at 3va.net arjen-bind at 3va.net
Sat Jun 16 06:51:40 UTC 2001

Hi,

you better mail the list. Many people can answer more questions than only
one.

That said, i don't know exactly what you mean. Check out

http://www.nominum.com/resources/documentation/Bv9ARM.pdf

Although for bind9, it contains a lot of useful info for 8 as well.

Also check `man ndc` (bind9 that is `man rndc`), and look for the
"logging" and "rndc" section in the PDF in the URL above.

ndc stats

might be the command that you want. You can define the file to log it
to in the 'logging' section in named.conf.

On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Madan Rai wrote:

> Hi Arjen
> Could u please let me know how to change the named stats...precisely i want
> to have stats for a given day/date.
> if you have any idea about some available softwares/tools do let me know.
> thx and regards,
> Madan Rai

Grtz,

Arjen.