DNSSEC - how useful is it ?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Mon Jun 18 03:51:04 UTC 2001

% Hi all,
%
% I read about DNSSEC but wonder how useful is it ? It seems that Dr.
% Bernstein in his article, as I understand it says that DNSSEC isn't that
% useful since Network Solutions does not sign all .com DNS records. So my
% question is how is DNSSEC being used currently and for what purpose ?
%
% thanks.
%
% /ethan

	Dr. Bernstein does have his biases. DNSSEC is a toolkit of
	a number of techniques.  Signing zones is only one.  The
	use of TSIG is widely used to protect transfers between servers.
	CERT has not been explored widely. Signing does pose a number
	of interesting challanges that are still being worked on.

--
--bill