More than 100 instances of named-xfer.exe running in slave server .

Fernando Nerio Fernández fernando.nerio at corp.terralycos.com
Mon Jun 18 16:07:05 UTC 2001

Hi,
	I just upgraded my 2 BIND Servers from 8.2.3 for NT to 8.2.4,  both
boxes are running NT 4.0, the Master server is working fine on the other
hand the slave server is presenting a high CPU usage due to more than 100
instances of named-xfer.exe running at the same time, I have configured both
servers to use IXFR instead of AXFR, I have modified the following options
in the NAMED.CONF file,

max-transfer-time-in
transfers-in
transfers-per-ns

with no results, I am not an expert in BIND but I really think this is not
normal, I have installed another slave server with the same results, I need
HELP!!

Regards,

Fernando Nerio Fernández
Dirección de Operaciones y Tecnología