.us domain

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Mon Jun 18 18:11:17 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:40:36PM -0400, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> Note that her .conf file would have worked AS IS.

The named.conf file wasn't in the posting I replied to; only the zone
clause from it was. There could have been anything in an
allow-transfer{} in the options clause.

> All you have done is
> restrict any other IP addresses from doing a zone transfer.

It definitely solves the problem, as reported. Presuming there wasn't an
allow-transfer{} in the options clause /probably/ solves the problem. I
take 'definitely' over 'probably' any day :)

Regards,
james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's