BIND: Transient parse error

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jun 18 22:10:28 UTC 2001

All 3 of the delegated nameservers for prodigy.net.mx are lame. This could
cause problems directly, or could be symptomatic of sloppy administration
practices which could cause *other* problems. You should notify them about
the problem.

But, having said that, the evidence of their culpability in this particular
delivery failure is only circumstantial. All the message really says is that
your nameserver timed out trying to resolve prodigy.net.mx. This could just
as easily be a problem with your nameserver, or with some network(s) in
between you and them. As a matter of root cause analysis, perhaps it would
be worthwhile looking at some of the other delivery failures to see if your
nameserver is having trouble resolving domains that don't have the same
sorts of delegation/lameness problems as prodigy.net.mx.

- Kevin