multiple domain on the single ip address

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Tue Jun 19 11:20:41 UTC 2001

>I am running windows nt 4. service pack 5 as my internet domain
>name server.

you should upgrade to SP6a, imo.

This is the ISC BIND DNS list.  If you have question on MS DNS´s, try the
isp-ns list or isp-nt, or etc.

I suggest you upgrade to BIND8 on NT4.

>Is there anywhere to configure my machine to hold multiple
>domian name (eg abc.com, xyz.com etc) on the single ip address (machine)?

yes, of course.  MS DNS and BIND DNS can do this w/o pb.  Just create your
zone data using whatever ip address(es).  One ip can have any number of
domain names "behind" it.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K