xfer erase soa records?

Hannah O Day hoyoung at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 20 12:46:10 UTC 2001

Sorry, Danny,

Here is what's in the syslog file:

Jun 20 07:36:39 rchname3 named[7254]: Zone "rchland.ibm.com" (file
rchland.zone): no SOA RR found
Jun 20 07:36:39 rchname3 named[7254]: slave zone "rchland.ibm.com" (IN)
rejected due to errors (seri
al 1009061)

Yes, it looks like only the soa is erased.  SOA does exist in master
zones..
thanks!

Hannah

                    Danny Mayer
                    <mayer at gis.net>       To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
                    Sent by:              cc:
                    bind-users-boun       Subject:     Re: xfer erase soa records?
                    ce at isc.org

                    06/19/01 04:25
                    PM

Hannah O Day wrote:

> Danny and all,
>
> I'd rather stay in 8.2.3 if there is an easy fix for this problem.  There
> are always problems in whatever version...and I don't have the luxury to
> continue troubleshooting.   I'd appreciate if any of you can point me a
> direction to fix this problem other then updating to 8.2.4.

    You didn't answer the question I asked: Is it JUST the SOA record being
erased?  What's in syslog?  Did the SOA record get rejected on loading the
zone?  If so what's the error message?

    Danny