SV: BIND 9.1.2 and TinyDNS???

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Thu Jun 21 23:24:46 UTC 2001

	Hey guys I know you like arguing but the code that does
	what you are arguing about has been released, in two alpha
	releases.

	Also remember that BIND is a open source project.  If you
	don't like the order in which features are added you are
	free to implement them yourself and hopefully contribute
	back the changes for the benefit of everyone.

	This is how I got involved in BIND in the first place.  I
	wasn't happy about its behaviour in one area and dived in
	and fixed the code in that area.  It cost me and the
	organisation I was working for time less time and hence
	less money than it would have taken to "manage" the problem
	without fixing the code.  It also helped that it could be
	argued that it fitted within the core goals of that
	organization which allowed me to spend additional time
	after the initial problem was addressed.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com