bind8 contacting forwarder on startup ?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jun 22 20:49:23 UTC 2001

I don't think that'll help. It'll *still* want to prime the root-zone information,
and it'll use the forwarders to do that even if you have a hints file.

The only "solution" I've been able to come up for this "priming causes
dial-on-demand" problem is to have separate "connected" and
"disconnected" nameserver configurations, and to somehow script switching back and
forth between the two. But I've never actually tried this since I have no
dial-on-demand capability.

- Kevin