Propagation Time?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jun 22 23:22:55 UTC 2001

The com/net/org zone uses a standard TTL of 2 days for delegation
records and glue records, I believe. But that's 2 days *after* the
records are entered into the TLD servers. How long it takes before they
get that far depends on the internal processes of your registrar, and
whether they manage to hit a particular TLD-server update "window" or
not. Overall, it could take well over three days. Perhaps you should ask
your registrar what their turnaround service-level is.

- Kevin