Blocking invalid DNS requests

WEBMASTER WEBMASTER at primeinc.com
Wed Jun 27 17:09:07 UTC 2001

I am seeing traffic that should be going to a WINS server coming into my BIND server.

As and example, I see requests for SERVER1.

Obviously this is not a valid DNS request, however my BIND server goes ahead and passes
it onto the ROOT server, which denys the request.

How do I stop these requests at my DNS server, so that they don't get forwarded to the ROOT
server?  I can't keep the users from making these requests, and I find that allowing my DNS
server to query WINS doesn't help either.  I am running a port of BIND 8.2.x.

Thanks!

Edwin Davidson.

http://www.primeinc.com
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error please reply to the sender of the message.

The views expressed in this correspondence may not
reflect the views of Prime, Inc.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.