BIND sometimes doesnt return additional recs when querying SOA ?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jun 27 21:39:40 UTC 2001

Maybe the nameserver is not returning Authority and Additional data for
foo.mydomain.com because it doesn't *have* that information. Is it
authoritative for the foo.mydomain.com zone?

Note that Authority and Additional data are not mandatory in this
situation. If Win2K is choking on the absence of Authority and Additional
data in the SOA-query response, then it's broken. There's no reason it
can't query for that data separately.

- Kevin