One domain is denied transfer (the rest can do it)

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Jun 29 19:19:44 UTC 2001

In article <9hic5h$je5 at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Henrik Malmgren <thewizz at bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>I have a problem with a slaveserver. let's say a have myzone.se
>one.myzone.se, two.myzone.se and so forth. When the update is done,
>every zone is updated EXCEPT myzone.se, if i look at slaves log, it
>looks like this:
>
>Jun 29 09:38:36 ns2 named-xfer[38043]: [212.209.173.5] not
>authoritative for myzone.se, SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1,
>aucount 0

The master must have detected an error when trying to load
named.myzone.se.  Restart named on the master and look for error messages
regarding this domain in the log file.

>note that i have full tranfer on, no restrictions att all, so why do
>every zone work but not the "top" domain, i have checked the files and
>have checked it with DNS expert and dlint, and cant find anything
>wrong it.

A slave will not transfer a zone if the master is not answering
authoritatively.  The usual reason for a master not answering
authoritatively is a syntax error in the DB file.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA