making queries - while restarting bind - possible ?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat Jun 30 01:36:46 UTC 2001

At 3:09 AM +0200 6/30/01, michab wrote:

>  i know that bind9 should be threadable or something like that, but for
>  me it was not possible to start (reload) or whatever bind, while doing
>  queries...

	What operating system are you running?  How did you compile BIND?
Are you sure that you're actually running BIND 9, and not an older
vendor-provided version of BIND?

>  does anyone know, who to realize this ....????? i want bind to be 100% up....
>  even if i restart the server..

	You want a service to be up, even if you restart the server?  I'm
sorry, I'm confused.  You want to reboot the machine, and even while
it's rebooting, you still want it to be able to answer DNS queries?!?

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */