where can i get bind 9 for red hat linux???

Kenneth Porter shiva at well.com
Fri Mar 2 04:10:49 UTC 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:19:13 +0000 (GMT), Willis L. Sarka wrote:

>If you're just looking to compile from source, go to the ISC web site and
>get the tarball.

Or grab the SRPM, which contains the ISC tarball but implicitly
includes build instructions targeted at a Red Hat system.

>If you just want an RPM, there is one in the latest RedHat 7.1 beta
>release, Bind 9.1 I believe.

Look at the Rawhide directory on the Red Hat mirror. It always has the
latest "blessed" stuff (still considered beta, though). Also check the
contrib directory for packages put together by 3rd parties but targeted
at Red Hat.

Good general sources for locating RPM's are http://rpmfind.net and
http://www.tuxfinder.com.

Ken
mailto:shiva at well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]