cnames...

Tal Dayan tal at zapta.com
Sun Mar 4 21:56:25 UTC 2001

Hi Derek,

DNS is a technology whose purpose is to serve users. Same
goes to virtually any technology.

The role of the users is to convey their needs. The challenge of the
technology experts is to make sure the technology meets them the best.

So, before we dismiss the issue by
'if-it-is-not-there-than-don't-ask-for-it',
let's first recognize that removing the
'CNAME-everywhere-except-for-domain-name'
limitation will benifit users. Then we can move forward and look for ways to
address it.

This is how products excel.

Tal