CIDR is killing my nerves (212.in-addr.arpa not delegated or I'm bonkers)

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon Mar 5 20:19:47 UTC 2001

At 8:37 PM +0100 3/5/01, David Tonhofer wrote:

>      Somehow the whole zone 212.in-addr.arpa. stays with ns.ripe.net.
>      There is no delegation of reverse lookup at all! If I'm not completely
>      mistaken, this is seriously messed up. Somebody should be doing
>  something about
>      this.

	RIPE is seriously screwed up.  There are a lot of zones that they
should be delegating which they are not.

	Unfortunately, this is one of several serious DNS-related issues
that I understand have been made repeatedly to the various directors
and executive board members, but they don't seem to think that this
is a serious matter.  Indeed, I have to say that I've seen a
particularly cavalier attitude from them regarding the DNS-related
matters which I have personally brought up.

	All I can say is that I wish you better luck in getting them to
pay attention to your complaints than I've gotten from them regarding
the things I've mentioned.