FQDNs in masters-list (was: Help: Secondary for...)

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Mar 6 19:00:17 UTC 2001

At 2:09 PM +0100 3/6/01, Andreas S. Oesterhelt wrote:

>  Would you mind to give any suggestion how the configuration syntax for
>  this should look like? Since the stealth master doesn't have a static
>  IP address, it can't be listed in masters nor in allow-notify.

	The problem is that you're trying to combine security (e.g.,
something along the lines of TSIG) with dynamic updates, and right
now these two options are pretty much mutually exclusive.

	Experts have been working on this problem for some time, and I
don't know of any solutions that have yet come out.  I'd be very
interested to see any kind of solution you might come up with that
would actually work.