bind 9 secure?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Mar 7 00:27:18 UTC 2001

	Security is a strange thing.  You can't prove something is secure.
	You can only prove that it is insecure.

	BIND 9 is as secure as we can make it however, as with anything
	made by man, mistakes can be made.

	As for testing a configuration.  You have to decide what information
	your server is to provide and what it is not to provide.  After that
	you can test whether the configuration meets your criteria.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com