Reverse DNS: Is it necessary?

Arwen Evenstar mexrap at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:02:00 UTC 2001

Nicolai Langeldt in his DNS HOWTO, states that:
"Some people will tell you that reverse lookup mappings are only important
for servers, or not important at all. Not so: Many ftp, news, IRC even some
http (WWW) servers will not accept connections from machines of which they
are not able to find the name. So reverse mappings for machines are in fact
mandatory."