Windows 2000

tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Tue Mar 20 18:28:51 UTC 2001

	My windows2000 environment runs BIND *only*.  We only allow
	win2k domain controllers to dynamically update DNS.  Our AD
	root is company.com.  We created _msdcs.company.com, _sites.
	company.com, _tcp.company.com and _udp.company.com.  These
	four zones allow dynamic updates from the domain controllers.
	The DC's are not allowed to update the root.  NO win2k
	workstations are allowed to update DNS.  This is handled by
	our DHCP servers.  My experience?  Everything works.

-Tim