Sv: reverse resolving

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Mar 20 20:22:54 UTC 2001

Um, no, you got that backwards. Remember, reverse zones are in *reverse* octet
order, with in-addr.arpa appended to them. So the zone should be either
1.168.192.in-addr.arpa or 168.192.in-addr.arpa, with 168.192.in-addr.arpa being
preferred so that mistyped addresses don't generate queries over the Internet
(one can always delegate subzones later if the zone gets unmanageable).

- Kevin