What's going on here? Lots of PTR records for one address

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Mar 21 19:35:52 UTC 2001

This is probably symptomatic of a simple-minded DNS maintenance system that just automatically adds a PTR
record for every A record, without first checking whether a PTR record already exists for that address.
When you start to implement software virtual hosting in conjunction with such a primitive maintenance
system, it tends to create humungous PTR RRsets like this.

I don't see any evidence of poisoning.

Why do you say that the NS record is bogus? To which NS record are you referring?

                                                                                            - Kevin